I made my youngest son a LEGO version of the Spencer train from the Thomas videos they watch all the time. I based it off of one of the diecast metal trains, otherwise it would have ended up looking a bit different, especially the coal tender. I had to build this one a little sturdy to withstand some serious shoving around. When he gets older, I’ll fill the tender with the little round black pieces to look better. This is what I was going for, and this is what I ended up with:
Finished off this Space MOC I’ve been fiddling with. As usual, I am missing all of the right pieces in the right colors. I think it could also use more and better greebling.
You can see here how I’m missing the red curved piece; I actually have three of those in red, but not the mirrored piece for the other side. I’m sure its buried somewhere but I wanted to finish it so I could harvest these pieces for other projects. Actually, this whole MOC started with the front bit…the window portion turned sideways with the curved parts holding it in place. I may come back to this window configuration for another MOC but turn it vertical instead and see how that turns out.
You can see the old dark greys mixed in with the newer dark greys. Greebling looks kind of random to me. Originally the wings were going to be different, but they just ended up like this.
Sparse greebling on this side. I thought the engines turned out okay; I was playing around with using two “wheel wells” together and seeing how that would look framing the engine bits. I actually saw someone else using the pieces in this way for a building and was intrigued.
A view from somewhat underneath showing the angles used. I think it would look better if the red angled “striping” in the middle extended all the way back. Maybe next time.
I’m happy with the overall basic shape of the MOC but not so much the wings. Without some kind of wings, it felt kind of awkward. Again, you can see how it could use more greebling.
The framework of the Transport and interior. The interior has pretty much no greebling whatsoever; but there wasn’t a lot of room for it. Spacing was a little off on the “benches” so I had to stagger the Space Marines.
You can see I didn’t have any more of the right color arches. Also, the half heart hose greeble in the back there.
There is actually more to be seen than shows up here. A lot of instrument panels are hidden, but again, it could still use more greebling. I probably should have taken more shots as it was being built to see things more clearly.
Overall, its ok. It was mostly an experiment with the window pieces that turned into a transport. Next time will be better planned out and probably turned vertical.
I finished a space MOC I’ve been fiddling with for a while and thought I would try out some stop motion video with some basic software. It’s pretty basic, but the program was a lot easier and quicker than I thought it would be. Next time I’ll take a little more time to make it look nicer. For now, just testing out how it looks on here and how it views online. More pictures of the MOC to follow.
I’ve had some time to fiddle around with the Legos again. I designed this MOC to fit in with the LEGO Creator series; the floors line up and the sidewalks look similar. I tried to keep the style similar, however, I feel this one is lacking in the color department.
You can clearly tell which one is the MOC; a lot of grey and white. I think it is OK for a first shot at fitting in with the series. If the white portions were dark grey I’d be happier. Every city needs standard grey buildings, right?
I have since found the pieces to fill in the pavers, other than the roof being slightly higher, I think it fits in alright enough.
Pulled away, the white window bits seem a bit out of proportion. I’m not happy with the decorative blue parts on the white window elements, but I figured less would be more in this case than something overly complicated.
The rear needs some help. I was fiddling around with different window decorations and such. Most building rears aren’t very fancy as it is anyway.
In hindsight, I should probably have done this Antique Shop with a larger baseplate as I ended up with more “antiques” than I thought I would.
The furniture is rather sparse, but at least there’s something in there.
Supposed to be a kind of Proprietor’s area with the trap door and all. Still rather sparse and my furniture needs help.